Friday, November 11, 2011

Blerg?

Last night Josh and I had our first "Why Me?" moment. I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner and was good to get it all out.

We've both been styaing positive through all this for a lot of reasons. We're both positive people, everyon'es been saying that attitude is 80% of the cure, and honestly, I just don't see the point of being negative all the time. Man though, it still sucks to sit back and think about it. Especially the fact that I'm 2 months into my marriage, and instead of having a movie montage of setting up our apartment, cooking together and canoodling on dates, we've got chemo appintments, keeping medications in order, and dealing with sickness at random. It sucks.

But cancer sucks for anyone, and it happens to anyone. There's nothing I could have done to prevent this, it just happened to me. I believe it happened for a reason, I just don't know what it is yet.

Retrospect aside, I'm doing well. Josh and I had 2 date nights earlier this week which was great, we needed to spend some time together. My last round of chemo left me pretty wrecked, which was to be expected, but I know I'll bounce back in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. You are allowed to be sad once in a while, girl! God doesn't demand that you be happy-go-lucky all time, He just wants you to run to Him when you are feeling down and sad. I'm so glad you have Josh to lean on and that he is loving you through this.

    Shannon, you are a strong young woman and I feel privileged to be able to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Always thinking about you! You and Josh should check out Certifiably Johnathan. It about Johnathan Winters. Let me know if you need anything from the west side. Glad you to had some time together. Light and Love surround you!

    ReplyDelete