Sunday, January 8, 2012

Good News, Everyone!

So I'm at my halfway point in treatment. This means PET scan time! I had it done on Wednesday, and my appt. to see the doctor for the results was on Friday. Well, he called me on Thursday afternoon with the results because they were awesome and he's such a good doctor.

If you remember from before, a PET scan is where they inject radioactive glucose into the bloodstream, and then basically do a CT scan. Cancerous cells show up as glowing on the scan. When I had my first one done it showed infected lymph nodes all through me, and infectoions in my liver and lung.

On this new scan nothing was glowing! That's great news! The doctor said that I was in clinical remission which is so awesome! The doctor said that the places that were cancerous just showed up with dead tissue now.

I still have to finish out four more chemo cycles, in case there are microscopic infected cells, but they're going to lower the dosage of what I'm getting. So we're hoping that I wont be as sick all the time, and that I wont have to go back to the hospital.

4 comments:

  1. YAY, happy dance! Wonderful, fabulous, STUPENDOUS news!! I couldn't be happier for you, Josh and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Praise God for His healing power! And good on you, Shannon, for being such a great patient. Such FANTASTIC news. I'm in tears as I write this because of the joy overflowing my heart. Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I've been keeping up with your blog and thinking of you very often, if not daily. I know how much it sucks being in the hospital over the holidays and I am so happy Josh was there and you still had a blast (and good food!) Keep up the good work on healing and getting better. You are an inspiration to us all :)
    Love,
    Vikki Vance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I am so happy for you!! So glad that you could celebrate the new year with Josh, and now start it off with such great news! Thinking of you and praying for a sound and thorough recovery. You amaze me.

    Love,

    Laura Gottschalk

    ReplyDelete